Thursday, August 19, 2010

Day 29 - Bumps in the Road

The first thing Dick did in the morning was to check the repair and the J-B Weld looked great. Jack & Jo returned in the motorhome which gave Jack a chance to do some tinkering with the Model A again. While they were putting the radiator together I needed to replace my inverter for the CB. Of course, I needed a few items so Jack and I went to Home Depot and got what we needed. With all our projects fixed we finally got on the road at 10 AM.

The drive was pretty smooth and we were making good time. We were cruising along when I spotted a sign for an Auto Museum so we pulled in for a visit. The front collection focused on 57 Chevys and the main area had 3 Model A’s along with a good variety of other makes. An area of parts was fun to poke through and the outside lot was full of unrestored beauties waiting for the right person to come along who needed a project.



We continued our ride east and soaked in the scenery, it was really a sight to see. We went through what looked like avalanche tunnels. I guess this area does get lots of snow.


Our route took us along the shore of Shuswap Lake which was not only very large but very picturesque. Things were looking good until someone pulled out in front of me and I had to hit the brakes and swerve, unfortunately I hit a hole at the same time. The car seemed to pull to the left after that so Dick, Jack & I checked the steering and brakes. The only thing that appeared to wrong was the left brake was tighter that the right. We did some adjustments and there was no more pulling so off we went.

We stopped for the night in Golden, BC after going over Rogers Pass and crossing the time zone. The scenery all day was really very impressive and we are looking forward to getting to Glacier and Yellowstone National Parks.

4 comments:

  1. It's great to see you guys back on the road again.

    That J-B Weld is good stuff in a pinch. I'm glad to see it's holding tight...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to read the patch is holding on O'Bee's radiator. Maybe he should remove the front license plate to add more cooling for those steep upgrades. Have fun and a few cocktails for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder what happened to the 6V - 12V converter...?

    Hope you had a nice time in Yellowstone. I was there in 1971 on a college "road trip" and it was great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's been no mention of little Edsel lately. Did he go on the cruise to Alaska or was he stuck in the back window of the car for a week? He looks OK in the photo in this post but what's he really thinking?

    ReplyDelete